Baby Steps or Giant Leaps
Peeling away the layers
Coming up for air

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I Always Knew I'd Grow Up To Live In A Cave

After my divorce it seemed only natural that I should move into a cave. A cave on the side of a mountain, a cave located on the edge of a cliff leading to one of the oldest and holiest burial sites in Israel, the Tzfat Cemetary, where lies the Holy Arizel.  A cave directly across the lush, green Galilean valley from Meron, and the burial place of Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai, student of Rabbi Akiva and author of the Zohar.

A cave where it seemed I had waited all my life to be living. A cave, in fact, that seems to have been specially designed with me in mind - a cave of healing, of dreams, of visions. And of course a cave I could completely make my own.

The original rock wall of the Womb Cave which looks to me a lot like a bear. Native Americans regard the bear as an animal symbol of the power to heal.


No comments:

Post a Comment